Welcome on my Website
Hygienic Design - Ferdinand Schwabe
"Hygienic Design" means the cleaning-friendly manufacture of parts, components and production systems. Avoiding microbial, chemical and particulate contamination of the end product in hygiene-critical production environments is a key requirement.
For pure production, the selection of suitable materials and the geometric design of equipment play an essential role and have a decisive influence on the corresponding processes.
With the help of expert reports, the conformity assessment of the operating equipment is carried out in accordance with the relevant regulations or guidelines according to specifications from e.g. the EU Commission and harmonized EU standards, FDA, GMP, ASME BPE, ISO, EHEDG or 3-A.
Conformity or conformity of the production equipment for food production, pharmaceutical or bioprocessing systems is intended to ensure that the hygienic hazards can be controlled.
Furthermore, the energy efficiency and the environmental balance are improved by saving energy, water and cleaning chemicals.
The suitability and documentation of equipment for hygienic production takes place from a special point of view.
For this assessment, the following hygiene-critical key points are used, among others:
- Materials and their use
- Material combinations
- Connectivity options
- Special detailed solutions
- Use of components
- Method of manufacture
- Surfaces and coatings
- Quality assurance measures
- Product information and operating instructions
When discussing the individual purity-critical details, the following key points are highlighted:
- Potential accumulation of fluids in dead spaces
- Hygienic design and cleanability of the screw connections
- Seal design of hygiene-critical areas
- Sufficient wetting of all areas with cleaning agents and disinfectants
- Unhindered drainage of liquids
- Surface quality and the various standards and guidelines
- Hygienic execution of pipe connections
You can find an overview of my services here.
My offer is aimed at the following areas of application / industries
- Food production and processing
- Cosmetics industry
- pharmaceutical industry
- Medical technology